Radflo Off-Road Racing, ATV and Buggies
Bypass shock absorbers by Radflo provide the highest level of damping customization for the most demanding off-road conditions.
Nothing responds to terrain changes faster or more effectively than our specialized range of bypass shock absorbers. They offer the most advanced tuning capabilities and unique performance characteristics required to compete at the highest ranks of professional off-road racing. Only bypass shocks blend the advantages of velocity sensitive and position sensitive valving for a seamless integration of damping technology you simply have to experience to believe. To ensure proper setup, our highly trained shock technicians are standing by to customize damping characteristics for your application.
Dual shock performance in a single shock configuration
For maximum performance and minimum compromise, our highly advanced bypass shock absorbers combine position sensitive external adjustment with velocity sensitive internal valving. Softer damping during initial travel maintains comfort and control, while firmer damping during the last few inches resists harsh bottoming out.
External bypass chambers are easily adjusted for ultimate damping control
Position sensitive damping is controlled externally by individual metering tubes that allow precise amounts of oil to bypass the shock piston. Designate the number and location of bypass tubes to match your performance requirements. In a matter of seconds, each tube can be easily adjusted to alter compression, rebound or bleed resistance at specific travel sectors.
Velocity sensitive valving automatically adjusts to terrain for improved control, handling and comfort
Radflo's exclusive Freeflo™ racing piston utilizes adaptive damping technology to automatically match shock performance to surface conditions. Multi-stage compression and rebound damping characteristics can be independently customized to suit your vehicle setup and driving preferences.
Exceptionally strong piston rod assembly designed for the harshest off-road racing conditions
Available in 7/8" and 1" diameters, our Nitro Steel® rod and slippery bronze rod guide provide unyielding performance in the roughest terrain. Multi-direction, triple lip sealing system prevents oil contamination while ensuring excellent gas and oil retention.
Completely rebuildable, serviceable and tunable for virtually unlimited service life
Because all shocks wear out eventually, we designed every single component to be easily serviced or replaced. Even the individual valve shims can be changed to fine-tune damping performance. Our highly experienced technicians can perform these services, or you can service the shocks yourself for immediate results.
Bypass Shock Details
- Body Smooth honed alloy steel tube
- Rod Mirror polished Nitro Steel®
- Rod Guide CNC machined bronze, Teflon® coating
- Seal Combination Quad-Ring® and lip seal, rebuildable
- Piston Radflo aluminum Freeflo™ racing piston
- Piston Valving Self-adjusting, velocity-sensitive deflective disc, consumer or factory tunable
- Bypass Valving Externally adjustable, position-sensitive variable flow metering check valves, consumer or factory tunable
- Oil Radflo high-temp foam resistant suspension fluid
- Pressurization Nitrogen gas, 200 psi
- Bearings Teflon® lined spherical steel
- Body Caps & Eyelets CNC machined 6061 or 7075 aluminum, black anodizing
- Bypass Chambers Compression, rebound or bleed
- Finish Mirror polished, clear cadmium plating, chrome optional
- Service Consumer or factory serviceable